Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas, Christmas, and More Christmas


It's January 1, 2008, and I'm just getting around to posting Christmas. It is hard to believe that it has been a week since Christmas. The tree and all the other decorations are still up, and for the first time I'm not in a huge hurry to put them away. This year everything seemed to happen so fast, and it's hard to believe it's all over. It was wild with three kids on Christmas morning, but so much fun...

We started the Christmas celebration with a weekend at my parents' farm in Bowie. It was definitely full of surprises. Friday was a beautiful day, and they boys were able to play outside, riding the horses and the RTV~ so fun! Brian was finally able to hunt a little, but unfortunately didn't come back with anything. We celebrated Christmas on Saturday morning~ Harrison got all "Lego-ed" up and stayed very busy, Hudson had all kinds of new things to play with, and Hunter did as well~ he quickly jumped into the whole presents thing, and quickly figured out that opening packages is really fun. My sisters and I were surprised with a trip to New York~ everything from airline tickets to the hotel, and spending money while we are there~ from our mom and dad~ it was a HUGE surprise, and we are so excited! Mom is going to go with us...this will be my first time to go, and I cannot wait!!

Christmas morning was at our house, and for the first time, the boys did not wake Brian and me up. We were awakened to sounds of them playing with what Santa had brought. Pretty funny~ but I told them they better never do that again. :) I was surprised with the new blue IPod shuffle and a massage from Brian~ I was so excited about both! He had gotten his gift from me early~ a new shotgun. It was our turn to spend Christmas with Brian's family this year, and our first time to host at our house. Brian was a HUGE help~ I couldn't have done it without him. Somehow we were able to pull off a big meal, and it all went well. Getting all five of the cousins together was fun too~ getting a good picture of all five of them...not so fun. :) But we got a couple of cute ones.

This year was magical, from the discussions about Santa, throwing the "magical reindeer food" out in the yard on Christmas Eve, their excitement and awe at all the Christmas lights, the cute conversations Hudson and I had about baby Jesus (he kept calling him baby Hunter)...they are at the perfect age to really love Christmas, and I don't want to forget any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment