Thursday, June 7, 2012

Reflective

We're on vacation this week.
If you're friends with me on Facebook, you already know this....I've been blowing it up with photos.  Partly because my family in TX keep asking for more pics, and partly because my sweet, incredibly-trusting friend Mindy offered to loan me her camera. 
Her amazing camera that takes photos like these:

Yes...I am already saving up to buy one as soon as possible. ;) Having way too much fun with it...it's making me feel like a real photographer, and I just *might* be wearing my boys out with all the picture taking.  Oh well...I'm the mom...it's what I do.

This trip is a first for our family...not our first vacation, but our first vacation to the beach.  Something I've dreamed of for a very long time....and it's our first vacation in a long time that really feels like a vacation.  Sand, sun, flip flops, no concept of time, sleeping in, swimming...it's exactly what we've needed.

Fun doesn't even begin to describe how this week has been....I've loved watching the boys in the water...their fearless spirit when it comes to riding the waves, their creativity while building the "ultimate" sand castle...

 This one in particular showed no fear and a fierce determination 
to show those waves who's boss....

....and exactly that he did. ;)
As did this one. :)
This one loves the water, but his favorite has been the sand...lots of digging, dumping water, building...he's forever cautious, and while the first day the water was calm, it's been pretty rocky for the past two...convincing him that the sand is the way to go.  Thankful for that. :)
My favorite part has been watching how relaxed B has been....and how childlike. ;) Riding waves in, crashing through currents....completely fearless....just what he needed.

 And yes...I too have loved being on the beach.  For me it's the colors, the textures....the way the sunshine reflects off the water....the feel of the sand...it's heaven on earth.  And it leaves me wondering why we've waited so long to do this.  My other love this week?  A darling little town called Seaside. It's like something straight out of a movie. Bright, happy colors....fun shopping, yummo restaurants...happiness.

We've been twice this week and I'm trying to plot one more visit 
before we head home on Saturday. ;)

Love this smile.

We spent part of the week with Nana (B's mom), and it's been so fun...all of us soaking in some much-needed time with her.  Her sense of adventure has been contagious, 
and we miss her already.
Yes...I'm a happy, thankful girl.  Thankful for these 4 who fill me with more love than I know what to do with.  Thankful for the opportunity to go to a magical place like this.  Thankful the chance to just stop for awhile...to rest.  To really watch and enjoy my kiddos without distraction.  To take a nap in the middle of the day. ;) To spend time with B, talking, laughing....yes, it has been just what we needed.  And no, we're not ready to go home yet.  Tomorrow is our last day, and we're going to carpe diem the heck out of it. ;) One last beach day, dinner out, and if I'm lucky...one more stop in Seaside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment