Thursday, August 16, 2007

"okay mom, just make it a quick one..."

I knew this was going to happen eventually, but I just wasn't ready yet. Tonight Brian, Harrison, and I went to the Rangers game, which has become one of our favorite things to do. I can't wait until the other two are old enough to go with us. So we were sitting there all happy, eating our $1 hot dogs, when I leaned over to give Harrison a kiss. He leaned away from me and said, "MOM, not here!" I tried not to make a big deal out of it, but I'm sure my face said it all, and because he's a pretty sensitive kid he must've been able to tell that it made me a little sad, b/c he said it would be okay to give him a quick one. So I did, and we went on to enjoy the game, which the Rangers won by the way. :)

But I couldn't help but think as we watched the game that this one small action is another big step towards growing up. I know the day is coming when he's going to think it's not cool to hang out with mom anymore, but I'm just not ready yet. And I'm hoping that what happened tonight was just a flukey-weird thing, and that it's not really already happening...I love that he talks to me about everything, and I hope he always feels like he can. He's my little man, and I don't like this growing up stuff one little bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment