Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fun with Friends




This week my friend Ruth came in town from New York for a visit. We worked together at Recollections, but she moved away last year. It was SO GOOD to see her. She is expecting her first baby this fall, a long-awaited event for her and her husband. It was great getting to see her cute little tummy. She'll be an excellent mommy (or mum, and she says~ she's from the UK, and is so very cool).

Some of us that used to work together(and a couple of faithful customers)met her for dinner tonight, and it was so fun to be with them. Made me realize how very much I miss working with these girls. I'm so thankful that I still get to work with Tracy, and thankfully I get to see Anna and Molly every once in awhile, but I don't see anyone else nearly as often as I would like. Nights like tonight remind me that these are true friendships that have formed though, because we are able to easily pick up right where we left off, and before you know it we're talking and laughing about the same old things. Thank goodness for good friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment