Sunday, May 25, 2008

Maria Sue Chapman

Steven Curtis Chapman, his family, and his music, have had a huge impact on me and my Christian walk for as long as I can remember. I've always been amazed at his ability to write and sing songs that expressed exactly what I was feeling at different points in my life. I'll never forget when Brian took me to his concert for my 19th birthday (12 years ago...I am so old)and he was as amazing in person as he is on the radio.

I'm sure most of you have heard this story~ it's been all over the news. Last Wednesday the Chapman family lost their youngest daughter, Maria, in a terrible accident. She was one of their three adopted daughters from China, and from what I can tell, was a precious little girl that was adored by her family.

I can't stop thinking about them right now. It's always hard to understand why things like this happen, especially to a family as close-knit and dedicated to the Lord as they are. It's a reminder that none of us are exempt from heartbreaking losses like this. From what I have already read about how they are dealing with everything, it is obvious that they are clinging to their faith, and honoring the memory of their little girl in incredibly special ways. I came across this video from YouTube of Maria and her daddy washing dishes and singing together, and it made me smile. It's just one example of the special bond these two obviously had.

No comments:

Post a Comment