Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Elmopants

Even in the womb, Hunter showed a serious stubborn streak. At that time, I was incredibly thankful for his stubbornness, for the last month of my pregnancy with him was pretty scary, with lots of heart rate issues, in and out of the hospital and doctor's office A LOT. I had never been so thankful in my life as I was when he was born 3 weeks early, happy and healthy.
These days, however, I'm having to remind myself A LOT that I am still thankful for the stubborn-minded ways of my two-and-a-half year old little boy, reminding myself that this trait will serve him well throughout his life. But right now, when I'm trying to convince him that the paci needs to go bye-bye and that it's time to ditch the diapers, the stubbornness has REALLY been rearing it's very ugly head.


All summer we've been talking about using the potty, wearing underpants like his big brothers, etc. He would just reply, "nope. diapers." Grrrr...so I decided to let it go, and revisit the topic once bubbas started school. Today, when I suggested trying the underwear, he got very excited! He chose "elmopants," as he so cutely calls them, and if you can't tell by the pic, is super proud.

How's the training going so far, you ask? Well, in the time it has taken me to type this post, we've now gone throught elmopants, groverpants, and are now wearing cookiemonsterpants. :) Apparently, he is very well hydrated.
But hey, it's a step in the right direction.
Baby steps, people, baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment