Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A New Friend

One day last week I went to pick the boys up from school, and when I got to Hud's class, he walked out towards me, BIG sad tears streaming down his face. When I asked him what was wrong, he told me that a girl in his class picked his kitty out of the birthday box today. His super sweet teacher explained to me that he had been eyeing that cat since the first day of school, but that another student had chosen it b/c today was her birthday. She said he had broken her heart too, and that she was going to do whatever she could to find one for him by his birthday. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE his teacher? A bunch. :)
So later that day I was telling my mom and my sister about Hud's sad story, and we agreed that adjusting to going to kindergarten all day was a tough job, and if a new stuffed kitten would bring a smile, then we would find him one. And so the search began...I think I got about 20 phone calls that day between the two of them. :) Aunt Reagan came to the rescue, with this sweet gray kitten that Hud has named Super Kitty. The two are inseparable. All is well again in our house, thanks to a thoughtful aunt and a stuffed kitten. Whew. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment