Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Fishermen

One of our favorite things (so far) about where we live is that we are just a couple miles from a beautiful lake. Those of you who know me well know that I'm not exactly an outdoorsy girl. However, I am married to an outdoorsy man and the mom to three very active, outside-loving little boys, so what's a girl to do?
Apparently, she should pick up a fishing pole. :)
You'd be happy (well, maybe more surprised than happy) to know that not only did I fish, but that I have a pretty impressive cast (my Dandy taught me well) AND I managed to put the worms on the hooks for the boys as well. Shocking, I know. :)
Harrison has spent enough time fishing with his dad that he's got it down too. Unfortunately, he inherited my lack of patience, so he got a little frustrated here and there. We both think fishing would be way more fun if the lake was so loaded with fish that they would just jump on the dock. Apparently, that takes away the from the thrill of the catch. Blah, blah, blah. ;)
Hunter was so excited to get to fish. :) This was his first time. He was more excited about the casting part, so we just did that over and over again. :)
I know, buddy....be patient. :)

Our little animal whisperer, of course, caught a fish. Love that big grin!

Ewwwwww....worms.

Love catching these three having moments like this...laughing, talking, having fun with no clue that I'm paying any attention at all.

It wasn't too long before Hunter was ready to move on from fishing
to throwing rocks and sticks in the lake. I have to agree that it is pretty fun too.

One of my favorite views EVER.
It was a good day. Maybe next time we'll catch more fish, but we sure had fun. :)

2 comments:

  1. The pic of the 3 boys laughing is priceless...so happy to know that the H's are adjusting well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaclyn..the area looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete