Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Visit with Mimi and Papa

Last Friday my parents drove in to visit us for a few days. We were SO ready to see them! It was such a fun visit~ the weather kind of stunk, and I was disappointed that we couldn't take them out to see more of the area, but we had a great time here at the house. Here's a recap of some of what we did....

Lots of hugging, of course. :)

Last night after bath time~ do you think they are crazy
about their Mimi and Papa or what?

I loved getting to cook with Mom, she is way more organized than I am in the kitchen, and can put a delicious meal together in no time at all. Last night she wanted to make a special meal to have together at our new dining room table, and made roast, carrots, mashed potatoes, rolls, and these really yummy cinnamon/sugar muffins....it was yummo. :)

Love, LOVE this one of Hunter and his Mimi....poor kid doesn't have
any personality at all though. Ha! ;)

He and Papa made up a new game that involved a tractor in this chair and played it over and over again...he is so much like my Dad, it's crazy. They are funny to watch.

For a housewarming gift, my parents surprised us with this table and chairs for our dining room while they were here. It was a great surprise! We love it~ it's exactly the type of table I was looking for for that room. Excited to get the rest of the room decorated now. :)
So very thankful.

Horrible pic of me, but I love my mom, so here it is. :)

H1 and Mimi....love them.

We had one good sunny day while they were here, so we planted flowers. It was fun getting to pick out flowers with my Mom~ there is such a great variety here that we don't have back in Texas. Can't wait until they get bigger and grow in more~ they're going to be so beautiful. :)

Yesterday an order we had placed for some steaks and stuff arrived in a cooler full of dry ice.
Brian and the boys had WAY too much fun playing with that. It's times like these that it feels like I have 4 kids~ but I love that he does all that fun stuff with them to keep them busy and distracted. :) Awesome Daddy.

We had so, SO much fun with Mom and Dad. The trip went by way too fast~ we were all sad when we woke up this morning and it was just us again. :( Thankful we will see them in just a few weeks, and happy they were able to come and spend some time together. :)

1 comment:

  1. A new place to make treasured memories that will stay in your heart (and theirs) forever!

    ReplyDelete