Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Getaway

Two posts in two days? No way. ;)
Crazy...you'd think I'd have extra time on my hands right now or something. Huh.

B and I are on our last night of his work conference at Ridgecrest in North Carolina.
This place is beautiful. Peaceful. Restful. Thankful for the time we got to take to go away together, and for our brave family for happily taking care of the boys so we got to do this.
It was just what we both needed.
Photobucket
Kinda crazy about him. And this is hard for me to admit...but we really needed this. I mean, we're fine, of course...don't get me wrong. But in the crazy day-to-day chaos of work, raising kids, taking care of the house and the yard, and being in the ministry....I think it's fair to say that we as a couple got lost a little. We've spent the past few days talking, laughing, being spontaneous (what's that?!?)...and we really needed that.

And this was the perfect place for that.
Photobucket
Gorgeous, isn't it? And the weather is beautiful too. A nice reprieve from the ridiculous TX heat and the equally ridiculous GA humidity. It's hard to not rest and rejuvenate here. And rested we have...I actually slept in until 10:00 this morning. Crazy.

These flowers? They make me happy.
Photobucket

Yesterday B and I did a little hiking. Somehow he was able to hold onto his coffee, so it wasn't super strenuous. ;) It was really fun, and it rained while we were up there, but thanks to the tree cover, we didn't get wet.
Photobucket


A waterfall. In the mountains. So pretty.
Photobucket

And...we made friends with a turtle. Kind of...he was a little shy. ;)
Photobucket


Would love to know who lives in this tree...he wouldn't come out to visit us.
Photobucket
Again...it's been perfect. Thankful for the opportunity to reconnect with my husband without any distractions. Excited to get back home and to have all of my chickens back in the nest.
They get home Friday night, and then we will have ONE week to get ready for the bigs to start school. What?!?! Can't believe it. And I'm sure that month will fly and then it will be time for Hunter to start. All 3 in school? Not sure what to do with that....surely I'll figure it out. ;)

I have really missed these guys this week...
Photobucket
This one....

Photobucket
...and this one....

Photobucket
...and yes, this one too.
Love my family.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys got some time away & alone. It's like gold! Looks like a great place to do it in too.

    ReplyDelete