Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Day at the Zoo

Last Saturday I took the boys to the zoo. Brian was away on a Men's Retreat, and it was supposed to be a beautiful day, so I didn't want to just sit around the house. So we got ready quickly and headed out. On the way I remember thinking that I was either incredibly stupid or incredibly brave for venturing out on my own with them, but I quickly learned that I was neither one. They were so very good all day, everyone stayed with me, and we had the very best day. I don't know why I underestimated them~ they are such great kids...it was probably more that I was underestimating my ability to keep up or be patient. But regardless, it was such a good day, and I can't wait to do it again.

Highlights of the day:
1) Watching Hudson experience the zoo for the first time since he was 16 months old~ he LOVED every second of it.
2)Seeing how much fun the three of them had together.
3) The flamingos~ they like people and actually interacted with us, squawking and trying to get close, which freaked Harrison out but fascinated Hudson...Hunter had no real reaction. :)
4) The Reptile House (a highlight for the boys, not for me, but I'm learning to love the little green things)~ they were all completely entranced with all of those little creepy crawly things, and both of the big boys cited this as the best part of the day.
5) The Train~ we got an all day pass to ride it, and were able to just lift the stroller right up there, which was great. It was good to be able to sit and see the sights.
6) Hudson face to face with an orangutan...they became fast friends.
7) Giant swirly lollipops~ a great treat for the boys that made for a great photo opp. for me!
Be sure to check out the slide show to share in all the fun!

1 comment:

  1. You and Brian have three of the cutest kids I have ever seen!! Miss you cuz, tell everyone I said hi, and think about it, Bennett is right around the corner!!!

    ReplyDelete