Tuesday, January 18, 2011

10

How in the world is it possible?
Not sure...and I'm going to try really hard not to be a sentimental, sappy mom in this post.
Not making any promises, though. ;)
My oldest is 10 today. The day after my baby turned 4.
Kind of a cruel thing to do to a mom, isn't it?
Honestly, beyond the bittersweet-ness that comes with watching your kiddos grow up, there's way more a sense of wonder, pride, humility, and most importantly, thankfulness.
Because Harrison was born before the world of digital cameras was introduced, I don't have pics from each year for him like I do for the other two boys. :(
So instead I chose some of my favorites to share.
This one is my favorite from our recent family pictures that were taken while in Texas.
Photobucket

The Lego Maniac...age 8.

Photobucket


My attempt at Christmas card pictures. Love this one of him.

Photobucket


Summer after kindergarten, on vacation with Mimi and Papa in California.

Photobucket


7th birthday (photo taken by Tomi Cheeks)

Photobucket



Age 3, LOVING Mimi's cake at Thanksgiving.

Photobucket


Baseball stud. :) (Photo taken by Tomi Cheeks)

Photobucket


First art show, age 6.

Photobucket


Age 6 (photo taken by Kelly Stocksen)
I know he's mine but...boy is he cute.

Photobucket


Harrison is smart and funny.

He's kind-hearted and independent.

He still likes to cuddle, and loves his blanket...and doesn't care what anyone thinks about that.

I love that. :)

He's taken a new interest in music, playing guitar and singing in an ensemble group at school, and loves it. He's taking a break from baseball this year to pursue these interests, with the plan to play football in the fall. Not gonna lie....a little sad about the no-baseball thing, but love watching him go after his interests full speed ahead. Secretly hoping he misses baseball this season. ;)

Harrison loves his family.

He's a protective, patient big brother.

He loves the Lord, and it's incredible watching his relationship with God grow.

I couldn't be more proud to call him my son, and am thankful to see that with all the trial and error that comes with being a first-time parent, he's thrived in amazing ways. Whew. :)

Can't wait to see what the next 10 years hold for him, but really hope they don't go as fast as these last 10 years have. Happy birthday, Harrison! We love you very much.




1 comment:

  1. I love his curiousity about everything, his openness, his sense of humor, the way he loves his family, his sweetness, his compassion and his honesty. I'm so proud to be his mimi. When I think of him it makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete