Friday, August 22, 2008

More Baby Ella


I mentioned yesterday that my friend Amanda had her third baby girl last week. What I didn't really talk about was the scary entrance that baby Ella made. At the risk of sounding too dramatic, my dear friend Amanda almost died last week. I think we all take for granted that childbirth is a relatively low-risk thing these days, but that isn't always the case. There is a reason that women give birth in hospitals (or at least, that they SHOULD do so~ I'm a big believer in that). But anyway, I'm getting on my soap box...Amanda's placenta tore away from her uterus last Tuesday morning, and she nearly bled to death. I won't share any more of the details, because this is her story to share, not mine. All I know is that we are all incredibly thankful that she is okay, that Ella is okay, and there was a wonderful staff at her hospital that knew exactly what to do when things went bad last week.

Given all that happened to them, I really wanted to get up there and see for myself that they were okay. So on Sunday Harrison and I left for their house for a quick day trip. Her husband, Ryan had to go back to work on Monday, and there was no way Amanda could be home alone with her girls, so I was happy to come and help. It was so great to be up there and get to love on that new baby girl, and of course, her big sisters too. I'm a big fan of those girls, they are all so beautiful, so much fun, and incredibly sweet. I love being Aunt Jac to them. And Harrison is a big fan of Annalise as well. :) Hopefully it won't be too long until we get to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment