Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Someday...
my house will be spotless.
There will be no dustbunnies in the corner.
There will be no Legos, Hot Wheels, or crayons
strewn all over the house.
There will be no crayon marks
of creative expression on the walls.
It will be very quiet,
and I will have lots of free time on my hands.
Time to go for a walk, or take a long bath, or watch
whatever I want to on tv, or read a book, or talk on the phone.
Someday,
I will miss today.

So for today...
Today I will choose to not get too caught up in
the crumbs on the floor or the mess in the family room.
I will sing along to Blue's Clues,
I will laugh and snuggle,
I will happily help with homework,
I will smile at the loudness of three happy kids playing together.
I will be thankful for today,
Because someday,
I will miss this.

2 comments:

  1. what a precious picture and your thoughts are what every parent should think. It all goes too fast, hang on to those times with your babies, the house will still be there:) love all of you aunt becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. The boys won't remember how clean your house was but will remember all the wonderful times you have shared. You definitely have your priorties in order.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete