Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sidewalk Chalk

I had some work to do this morning.
I really wanted to play with my tiny man.
But in effort to stop my procrastinator ways, I had committed to finish one of the minibooks needed to complete an order by the end of the month. Today. So, I did (yay!), and we celebrated by heading outside for some time with sidewalk chalk and our driveway.
Otherwise known as a gigantic canvas. :)
Photobucket

Hunter doesn't like to draw or color....which is so hard to wrap my brain around. He's artistic in other ways~ for instance, with music. He can rock his guitar like no other preschooler I know. But crayons and a color book? No thanks. He's analytical. He wants to know how things work. He loves tools and fixing things. It's like pulling teeth to get this one to work on writing his letters or drawing stick figure people. But because it's important that he be able to write his name, I keep trying. He's coming around. :)

Photobucket

We made serious progress today. And had fun at the same time. :)
Photobucket

We drew trees and snowmen, stick people, and practiced writing his name.

Photobucket

I know it's hard to see, but if you look closely, I wrote his name in pink, with him working under it in blue. Pretty good, in my opinion. Smart baby.

Photobucket

But then, he'd had enough of that, so we went on a nature walk. Can you believe how red this leaf is? I know this is my first Fall in Georgia and all, but it's just breathtaking. I hope I never get tired of the reds, oranges, and yellows that now cover the trees. That are everywhere.

It's beautiful.

Photobucket
We collected lots of leaves to show Daddy tonight when he gets home.
I am loving every second of having this guy home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment