Sunday, October 3, 2010

Two Visits, One Weekend

One was a visit from Nana, which was expected and eagerly awaited. And lots of fun. :)
The other was my visit to the emergency room, which was neither expected or eagerly awaited.
Definitely not fun either, but thankfully it was nothing more than a rupturing ovarian cyst.
Not cool, and really painful, but thanks to some really great drugs and a plan from my new doc so that this never happens again, I can definitely say I'm a new girl this weekend. Much better.
And thankful for my next-door-neighbor-turned-amazing-friend who took me to the ER so that Brian could enjoy some time with his mom. I asked him to stay with her, promising that if something serious was going on he would be called in. It was such a fast weekend that I wanted him to get as much time with her as possible. :) And I'm really thankful that we have people here we can call on for help when the need arises. Proof that God really is in the details....being in a new town, away from family and friends who we always counted on for help in times like these, I'm thankful that He is providing people here that we can lean on.
Photobucket

But anyway....back to the fun part of the weekend. On Saturday we headed out to a fall festival in a nearby town. I had high expectations for the shopping part of the festival...apparently living an hour away from Canton, TX has spoiled me beyond belief. Sad to report I was greatly disappointed in that part of the festival. : /

Photobucket
The food, however, did not disappoint. Harrison shares my love for a funnel cake. He ate almost all of it. With some help from his dad. I hardly got any. Which was really fine. Really. ;)
Photobucket
Hud was a big fan of the corn dogs. They were yummo. And this is coming from a girl who is not a fan of hot dogs unless I am at a baseball came (preferably a Texas Rangers baseball game...they're just better there) or at a fair/festival event. THEN, and only then, are hot dogs and corn dogs the bomb. :)
Photobucket
And Hunter and Nana took off in search of a special treat, and came back with this frozen chocolate banana. He licked all the chocolate off and then handed the banana to me. Figures.;)
Photobucket
Brian with his extra sour lemonade. He's so dreamy. :)
Photobucket
I love this one of Hud with his Nana. Sweet, huh?
Photobucket
Brian made me wear this stupid hat on the bus ride back to our car. Ridiculous, isn't it?
Photobucket

A tired, sweaty Hunter with the bouncy spider he scored for only $2. All three of the boys got one. The only shopping we did at this festival. Which is okay, I guess. :) We had a great time anyway....just happy to have fall festivals to go to, and happy to spend some time with Nana.

1 comment:

  1. I have had a ruptured ovarian cyst and they are not fun. Poor thing, glad you still had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete