Sunday, October 31, 2010

Funny and Scary...and Really Fun

I love Halloween.
I probably shouldn't....you know, considering it's supposed to be an evil holiday and all.
But we just make it about fun costumes and candy, and don't take it too seriously.
Photobucket

From the first time I asked the boys what they wanted to be, Hud was the only who had his mind set. He wanted to be Mario. Real bad. Not too much later Hunter decided on Toadhead. Or Mushroom Dude, as I like to call it. Harrison had a harder time....he's getting older, and wanted to be something more "Halloweenie." :) Finally decided on a vampire. I know, I know...you're probably rolling your eyes and thinking I talked him into that. I absolutely did not. I wanted him to be Teen Wolf, but I guess considering he didn't grow up in the 80's like I did, he had no idea how cool that was. ;) So, vampire it was.

Photobucket

I have to admit it was kinda fun doing his hair and face paint (makeup?) and stuff. I wish I had recorded what was going on with this picture~ Harrison had no idea that Brian was standing there with those googly glasses on....about scared him to death. Cracked me up.

Photobucket

And the toadhead....oh my. We used Brian's Patriots hard hat as a base, and just covered it with felt and stuffed it with tissue paper. It was heavy on his punkin head...he kept getting off balance, then it would fall over his eyes, he would walk sideways....hilarious. :)

Photobucket

The boys with some of our neighbors...have I mentioned how much I love our neighbors? :)

Photobucket

So, SO happy my mom an sister were here this weekend...can't imagine having Halloween without them. Thankful I didn'thave to. We've had the best visit. So thankful.

Back home, LOADED down with candy. Have to say....all three of them were passing out candy to Brian, Mom, Reagan, and me, giving us the things they knew we loved. Milk Duds, Twizzlers, Peanut M&M's, and Almond Joys....delicious. :) Happy Halloween!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment