Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thankful

This Mother's Day, I am thankful...and this year, reflective.
I'm thankful because I get to be the mommy to these three little monkeys. I lovingly refer to them as monkeys b/c honestly, some days they truly seem to fit the description. I'm thankful that everyday (and not just Mother's Day) that these three (and their Daddy) are sure to remind me how loved I am.
And that alone makes all the "monkey business" pale in comparison.

I'm reflective because I know I have two other little ones in Heaven, and every Mother's Day I think about them too, and can be thankful for what God has taught me through their little, way-too-short lives. I know someday I will see them, and that is amazing all in itself.

I'm reflective because there are a couple of very special people in my life who aren't moms, but desperately want to be. So I know this day is a really hard day for them, and I wish there was something I could do to fix it. And it's really hard for me to understand why things work the way they do, but right now I am praying and trusting that God knows the desire of their hearts...and I can't wait to see just how this amazingly creative God we serve is going to answer our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment