Saturday, July 18, 2009

10 Things

Okay, we've been home now for a couple days and I am definitely experiencing the post-vacation grouchies. It's not pleasant. I'm tired, I've got lots of ironing to do ('cause I've already unpacked and done all the laundry~ yay!), a couple of projects to finish up, and LOTS to do in this house, including rearranging the big boys' room, rearranging/redecorating our bedroom, recovering my sweet Momo's glider for our family room, cleaning out closets, yada, yada, yada. I won't bore you with that anymore.

One of the blogs I follow that is one of my favorites is this one: Jen is the wife of my second cousin, I think. :) Basically, she's my mom's cousin's son's wife. Have I confused you? Well anyway, she's family, and her blog if pretty fabulous. She's currently pregnant with her third kiddo, and also has a 3 year old and a 1 year old. She was having a rough few days this week and posted the 10 things she's most thankful for. Now that I'm in the same boat (minus the whole expecting a baby thing) I thought I would share mine too. So here I go....and as she also said, I'm not promising anything deep or profound. None of the normal answers like my kiddos, my hubby, my other family members, friends, etc. I would hope that you blog readers already know how thankful I am for the people in my life. :)


10. Edward and Bella (aka~ the Twilight series)~ I have just started the series for the third time. I've tried to move on to other books, but with the exception of sTORI Telling (how I love that Tori Spelling) nothing has compared. So, while on our LONG drive last week, I started Twilight again. And I love it just as much (or more) than I did the first time I read it.

9. My bathtub~ there is not much better than spending time in my tub after a long day. I read, I pray, I relax, it's greatness. I always wait until the kiddos are all happily dreaming away before I take a bath so there is a near guarantee of no interruptions. My tub is big, I have lots of bubbles...it's the perfect ending to any day.

8. Our DVR~ I love it that the tv no longer rules my schedule. We can be out doing whatever we want, and I can rest assured that our incredibly smart DVR is happily recording all of my favorites, which these days include: Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, The View (even though I would still love to punch Joy Behar right in her smug face) and re-runs of the What I Like About You.

7. My cell phone~ mine is nothing fancy, but it does let me takes pictures, which is great b/c you never know when I might see something that gives me some creative inspiration. I'm thankful that I can quickly get in touch with Brian or my mom or whoever else I need to quickly. It makes the worrier in me rest a little bit easier.

6. The water park~ we have spent many days this summer (and will spend many more) at a great water park about 20 minutes from home, and it has provided super fun breaks from what can get to be boring days around here. What, you ask? It gets boring around here? Hard to believe, but yes. Sometimes. :)

5. My craft room~ Even though it's technically my office, since crafting is my "job," it's also my creative escape place, a place where the boys can play while I work, where I can catch up on my dvr, etc. I'm thankful that all my stuff is already in there all set up, and I no longer have to drag everything out when I get the itch to make something fun. I'm hoping that our next house has a place like that, and that Brian will get one too. Oh, and that the boys would each have their own rooms too. I can dream, right? ;)

4. Hunter's paci~ I know, it sounds crazy, right? He's getting older, and it's time to let it go (it was probably time a long time ago), but I'm really in no big hurry. I mean, I know he's not going to try to take it with him to Kindergarten for fear of getting laughed out of his classroom (but even if he did take it and kids did laugh at him, they would get the wrath of one seriously protective mama) so who really cares? It makes him so happy and keeps him my baby for just a little while longer. I mean, he will always be my baby...it just keeps him little. So we're going to let it go for now, and work on getting rid of it later. I promise. :) I'm going to let that little guy love his paci for now.

3. Blogs~ I love blogs. It took me a long time to jump on this bandwagon. I really just didn't get it. But now that I've started this one, and get to read my friends' blogs and people that I don't even know but now feel like I do, I find them fascinating. I love getting to read about other people's lives and I've learned lots of things about healthy eating, sewing, art, things to do, saving money etc. etc. How very 2009 of me. ;)

2. the internet~ seriously, what did we do without it? It is an endless source of information, keeps me connected with the outside world and in touch with friends and family I would otherwise not get to see/talk to...it's greatness.

1. At the risk of completely copying Jen's #1 answer, I am thankful that there are so many random, not-super-important things for me to be thankful for. Could I live without all of them? Probably, but I'm thankful I don't have to. And there are so many way more important things/people/places that I am WAY MORE thankful for. Namely, the 4 boys I get to share this life with. For loving, helpful, fun parents and a mother-in-law who still help take great care of us. For an extended family who loves and cares about us too. For honest friends who love me for me and aren't afraid to tell me they do. The list goes on and on.

Maybe I couldn't leave my people out of this list after all. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love you new header. I can show you how to do the background, etc if you wanted something else. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete