Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Other Obsession

Those of you who know me well know I have somewhat of an addictive personality. For the most part, they are healthy (and by healthy, I mean "not dangerous") obsessions: my kiddos, my smokin' hot husband, Arizona Diet Green Tea, blueberries, Little Debbie 100 Cal. Nutty Bars...and these days it also includes the Twilight series. I've blogged about it before, or if you're friends with me you're either obsessed along with me or you're still rolling your eyes at me. Whatever. I've just started my third time to read the books, as I patiently (not really) wait for the author to get it together and write some more. ;) I love the romance and passion between Edward and Bella. I love the way he takes care of her, protects her, the way they understand each other...if you haven't read these b/c you don't like "vampire novels," then you are seriously missing out on a beautiful love story. This photo here is enough to make me want to quickly get back to my worn out copy of Twilight. Geez...talk about smokin' hot...
...ahem. ;) Anyway...I've recently fallen in love with this family as well. I've been a fan of Tori Spelling for years~ if you were a teenager in the 90's you were possibly a fan of Bevery Hills, 90210 as well. If not, you were missing out on greatness. This summer I've read her first book, sTori Telling, and just started Mommywood this week. In addition to tuning in to watch Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood each week as well, and I just can't get enough of the whole crew.
Why do I think they are so great? I'm glad you asked! :) Here are a few of the reasons:

1) They are a relatable, and trying to make their family as
normal as possible given their life and surroundings.
2) Tori and Dean relate to each other in a lot of the same ways Brian and I do,
and it's fun to laugh and cry along with them. I love the way they love each other, almost as much as I love the way Brian and I do. :)
3) She totally lets her guard down, and is brutally honest too, often going without makeup, dressed in whatever, just loving on her kids and her hubby.
4) Minus the whole "Hollywood distraction" they seem like a regular family. Very hands on with the kids, do their own cooking, shopping, etc. With the same kinds of frustrations and distractions that we face, but on a larger scale.
5) I somewhat relate to the fishbowl they are living in. Of course, our bowl is WAY smaller (tiny, actually, in comparison), but as a minister's wife at a large church, there are plenty of people that I don't know who know lots about us and our boys. I know it comes with the territory, and the vast majority have nothing but the best of intentions and are sweet, kind, generous people, but it makes me a little self-conscious at times. And as weird as it may sound, Tori has actually taught me a lot about how to handle that, and that these people care about us and want us to know that. Hmmm...who would have thought I would learn that from watching their show? :)

1 comment: