Monday, January 26, 2009

Creative Overload

I'm posting from sunny California this week! The Create Joy team is at CHA (Crafters and Hobbyists Association), which is basically like Market for scrapbookers. We're placing orders and getting inspiration for our spring/summer class projects, and it is SO MUCH FUN! I feel like I've found my mother ship. :) Happiness. Here are just a few of my favorite things I have found...I don't want to show too much though~ it will ruin the suprises we have in store over the next few months.
This is a pillow made with this
amazing sticky canvas, painted, distressed...so very cool.

How much I love that Tim Holtz...
this was part of one of his booths...
I love his stuff. Amazing.
This is one of my favorite layouts...
I can hardly wait to get home and get busy in my craft room!

And here is a Tim Holtz bag...I wish you could see it in person. I guarantee
I will be carrying something similar to this very soon!

One thing that has thrilled my heart has been the huge amount of really great boy stuff! Before I even had my boys I was always drawn to the more boyish stuff, to the brighter colors (I love blues, oranges, greens...robots, monsters, arrows, etc.). I think this layout is greatness! Can't wait for you to see what we have ordered!
On a side note, I am missing my boys BIG TIME. It's a very weird feeling of "this is great!" and "I'm so homesick" at the same time. Both my mom and Brian have said that Hunter keeps saying, "I wanna see Mommy" again and again, which breaks my heart. I hope he knows how much I want to see him too. I miss all 3 of my monkeys, and the big monkey too. :) When I'm not with them, I feel lost, no matter what I'm doing. Please pray that the weather is okay for Wednesday so I'm not delayed getting home!












1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are having such a great time! Those things are so fun- I CAN"T wait to see what you come home with and what all your little creative heart makes! I want on the list for that bag- FREAKING FABULOUS!!!!! It will hold Sterling stuff perfectly- wink wink!

    I know you miss your peeps, but enjoy it anyways. They will be just fine and it will make coming home so great!

    Still on for dinner? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete