Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hud

With all of the birthday stuff going on lately, it seems like I haven't posted about my Hud Man in awhile. Tonight we were trying to find something that started with the letter "O" for show and tell tomorrow, and decided to get crafty. I have this really cute owl stamp, so we got it out, and Hud stamped, colored, wrote the word "owl" and cut it out, and did a super great job! He had so much fun that he wanted to make another one. And so he did. He's going to be really proud to show his artwork to his friends at school tomorrow.


I'm so thankful that all three of the boys seem to love art as much as I do. Hud made this snowman at school last week, and was so excited to get to bring it home. It is now proudly displayed on our pantry door. If you can't tell, his favorite color right now is purple. :)
I'm so proud of this little guy...he is just the coolest kid. Funny, compassionate, artistic, super smart, incredibly thoughtful, yet so tough at the same time...he just rocks (and I'm not biased at all). He's my one who just randomly tells me he loves me and gives me extra hugs and kisses, and seems to know if I'm having a bad day. I'm so thankful that all three of the boys are affectionate and very protective of me (even Hunter already), but I always tell Brian that Hud will be the one to take care of me when I'm an old widow someday. :)
Lately I keep thinking about how he's starting kindergarten next fall, and it makes me a little sick to my stomach. I know he's ready, I know he'll do great, but wow, I'm going to miss having him home with me. Not quite ready to share him with the rest of the world just yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment